Monday, February 23, 2009

It's been a hard couple days at work.

I feel exhausted. I work 2 jobs... a total of 63 hours a week, but I'm a manager at one job, and my hours carry over into other "managerial" activities on my off time. BUH! So really most weeks, I'm away from home for 110 + hours.

I just can't wait to get in my jammies, wash my face, and climb into my nice warm bed tonight. I only sleep at home 3 nights a week (being that one of my jobs is an overnight job). I always appreciate being back in my own bed. What I look forward to most is snuggling up and digging into my bible. My reading is going slower than I would like... with the 2 jobs I barely have time for myself; however, when I do, I look forward to my good heart to heart chats and reads... see when I'm reading the bible, I feel my heart open up, and it's so much easier to talk to God and to think about Him. I find myself reading a few pages and then stopping to think about what I've just read, and if there are parts I stumble on I ask God for some help understanding them. Sometimes I just talk to him about what I just read. It sounds crazy, but it feels good. I love falling asleep with me, the bible and God chit chatting and reading away.

I always wake up feeling happy and refreshed in the morning. When I wake up (on days off, which is currently only Wed)... I get a cup of hot cocoa... and my morning Eggos with PB and J... and then, I finish up some more bible time. It's such a great way to start the day. It sets everything off on the right foot and it makes me more aware of my great responsibility and knowledge knowing Christ is truth and life. It makes me have a whole new outlook on the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment