Thursday, March 12, 2009

Back from my trip

I went on a week long vacation last week. It was bittersweet in many ways, but this blog is about my relationship with God, not others. :)

On the plane, I read my bible (reading Leviticus now) and Lee Stroble's A CASE FOR FAITH.. and this book entitled "23 Mins in Hell". 23 mins only took me 2 hours to read, and it was okay, but I didn't really believe in it... In case you haven't heard about it, it's one Christian's real life tale about an unusual journey to Hell that lasted 23 mins. I just don't think God goes out handing Hell experiences to whoever. I think the bible was written... and finished, for a good reason. I don't think anything can be "added" to it... and this seemed like some sort of "addendum".

If it saves people, who am I to judge though? The author goes on a lot about meeting Jesus... I also found that hard to believe.

On my trip back home, I skipped around in Psalms and I read all of Revelations. Why Revelations? I don't know. There was VERY bad turbulence on my plane ride, and I felt like Revelations was so visually descriptive, that it gave me something to focus my mind on outside of the bumpy and un-nerving ride. I tried to wrap my head around "Judgment" Day, as a baby christian, how I am now, it seems so inconceivable.

That's all for now.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment